Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Do You Believe in Miracles? - Weigh In #15

I don't want to start sounding like a broken record. That is truly my fear.

However, I HONESTLY thought I had a very average week. Food/drink consumption wise, I was not where I wanted to be, and I really only hit the gym like, ONCE!!! (I did have that 5K thing on Wednesday).

My date with the scale this morning was NOT highly anticipated.

So I step on the scale. As the milliseconds pass, I hear the famous sports announcer/personality Al Michaels in the back of my head. You know Al Michaels....he became infamous with his 1980 USA Olympic Ice Hockey coverage.

With only a few seconds left in the USA's semifinal match against the HIGHLY FAVORED Soviet Union, and the with US up by a goal, Al belts out one of the most familiar phrases of all time:

"Do You Believe in Miracles??? YES!!!!!"

Haha. That's how I felt this morning, circa 7:20 am EST.

After what felt like 30 seconds of processing time, the scale displayed the following:

196.1

Wheeeeeew!! Did you just hear that?? I sighed....again.

I'm down 3 more lbs from last week, bringing my total up to roughly 24 pounds lost since mid January. Truly a miracle.

How can this be? Last night I was flipping through my food journal from last week. As the pages turned, I grew more and more uncomfortable. I really did an AWFUL job of logging what I ate last week. Just disappointing.

What I CAN clue you into is this. I've become a bit of a psycho on the day before my weigh ins. It's ok though...soemtimes you just have to take things to the next level.

Don't freak out, I can't have anyone freakin out around here....but here's what I ate yesterday, Monday the 10th:



Wheeeee!! 715 Calories, aaaand a trip to the gym...

Ok, ok. I know. I don't recommend trying this at home. What I can say is this; desperate times call for desperate measures.

Maaan. I'm hungry.

BK out

No comments:

Post a Comment