Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Man v. Scale - weigh in # 19

If you could define ITCHING to write a blog, the letters B and K would probably be involved.


I wanted to get this post out SOOOOOO much earlier, but alas, here it is. I started this at 9:00 am, and I'm wrapping it up at 9:00 pm (that's eastern standard time people).

So, like I commented last night, I felt CONFIDENT coming into my meeting with the scale this week. Oh, ooooh, I have a new scale too!! (damn thing took me 10 minutes to figure out....and I'm an I.T. guy).

So anyway, once I figured this contraption out, the fun ensued. And on to my new Taylor Lithium's inaugural reading:



In case you didn't just hear my second wind of elation, that reading says 190.2!! Beautiful first reading, sir!

So 190.2. That brings my TOTAL weight loss up to a mind blowing 29.8 pounds....just a shade under 30 TOTAL American pounds lost!!

Let me provide you a few examples of things that weigh 30 pounds...just for perspective:

A flat tire. Cue the spare tire jokes. Haha, I'm a proficient comedian.


How about this: roughly $500,000 worth of GOLD (46 of these bad boys). Yes, I'll take 1, thank you.


And finally, another example of 30 pounds:



Weeeeee!! So yes. I'm horsing around a bit. I'm having a little fun with this post today. But you know what?? I kinda deserve a little levity, right? Despite my flippant attitude today, these past 6 months have been QUITE the challenge. My unorthodox weight loss methods really seem to be working.

5.2 pounds to go friends!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In other news, I treated myself to a solid, semi-healthy quesadilla this evening. I grated up garlic cheese and pepper jack cheese that were purchased at the Tremont Farmer's Market last Tuesday.

There I go again, supporting the fine locals of Cleveland.

This week should be fairly tame, so I look forward to continued success!! Woo woo!!

The only thing that stands in my way, which I am gladly looking forward to, is the 2010 Second Annual Northeast Ohio Wine Run. My 4 friends and I are getting together to celebrate my buddy B.A.'s securing of an MBA. We're heading out to 8 Ohio wineries on Saturday....driving up the coast and ending at Mon Ami in Port Clinton!! haha.

And, no. I won't be drinking any Merlot.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment