Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Man v. Scale - Weekly Weigh #11, Lucky #11

Good day, fine people!  Happy Tuesday. 

So the Indians lost Opening Day...and it didn't quite make it to the low 60's downtown...oh well.  I still have faith in the boys...and I have faith that the Winter weather is over.

As promised, I will be jumping on the scale every Tuesday, and I will post the results...good, bad, or ugly.

Over the course of a prolonged diet, you have to expect both good and bad results.  I can speak of this first hand.  I've been on this current diet for just about 3 months now.  Overall, I've experienced a trend in the right direction...and it feels GOOD.  But the second you start taking any of it for granted, BAM a weekly weight gain....and now that I'm an open book to the Internet World...weight gain is the ABSOLUTE worst thing that can happen to me.

We all know that I've been traveling this past week, and have not necessarily been the healthiest.  I grabbed the scale and expected my world to come crashing down.  I was mentally prepared for weight gain...

With the sincerest humility, I jumped up, and this is the number that smiled back at me:

203.8 !!!

Haha!!  Yeeeeeeess!! Gotcha!  I'm down 2.1 lbs. since last week.  I guess persistence DOES pay off.

To sum up, I started at 220 lbs. midway through January, so I'm down roughly 16 pounds!! Yeeeeeee!!!

I really "brought it home" this week with smart eating Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday.  See, this is the beauty of weighing yourself on a weekly basis...if you have 1, or even 2 bad days, there is still time for success!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Monday food recap:
Target brand caramel fiber bar (these things are actually tasty? wow.) = 120 calories
hot dog w/ ketchup and mustard (at the Jake!!  you've GOT to do it) = 300 ish calories I believe
ball park soft pretzel = 380 cal.
Chicken iceberg wedge = 400 cal.
beer = well. i was making the most of Opening Day, I'll put it to you this way. i scattered like 10 or so beers over 9 or so hours...let's not get into the specifics. I'm still alive.

I DID wake up and get to the CSU rec EARLY (before the game) to run a couple of miles and work on my core.  The things I do for my diet!  And BK is NOT a morning person.

Tuesday food highlights:
For lunch today, I kept it simple and smart.  Side salad, apple, strawberries, and yogurt!!  That's everything a growing boy needs...lol.

Dinner consisted of a small pork tenderloin (prepared with evoo, thyme, salt and pepper) over a nice bowl/bed of couscous.  I just LOVE couscous these days.  It's a snap to prepare, and you can get a little creative with it.  I sauteed onions and peppers to mix in with it...and you can always add a little hot sauce if it turns out bland!!

All in all, this week turned out GREAT.  I'm moving right along toward my 190 lb. goal....now I just need to work toward my 3.1 miler in May.  More on that later (i believe i have picked a 5K to run, yay!)

BK out

No comments:

Post a Comment