Thursday, April 1, 2010

My Mom says I'm a catch....I'm popular.

Cheers.  It's Thursday night and 80 degrees in beautiful Cleveland, Ohio.  I'm mentally preparing myself for a 6 hour drive to the District of Columbia in the morning.

On the horizon: A super awesome rock and roll show at the fabled 9:30 Club in D.C. to see one of my Top Ten fave bands....Nada Surf.

And YES....they have more songs than "Popular".  Trust me, they have 40 better songs (check out "Let Go" and "The Weight is a Gift"...and, hell, they don't even play "Popular" live...well at least at the other 4 times I've seen them.

Anyway, so that is that....a 6 hour drive at the crack of dawn, and then two nights in D.C.  I can't wait.

The only downside to all of this is, frankly, my diet.  I honestly take this seriously.  I need some sort of continuity in my life, man.  Anytime you take a trip, it just BREEDS bad behavior.  It's just SO EASY to give up for a few days, you know...just eat and drink like an idiot with no filter or restraint....ugh.

So...I suppose we'll see how I do, huh??  I am REALLY going to try this time.  I'm packing a few healthy snacks: beef jerkey for the late night crave, a few pieces of fruit, and a few nutrigrain bars.

I'm all set!  No worries!! lol

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday 3/31/10
* - editors note: I had a great F'n night of sleep coming into Wednesday....a rare treat

blueberry fiber pop tart = 180 cal.
can of albacore tuna = 140 cal.
side salad, sun dried tom. dress. (Ken's I think, it was actually pretty awful) = 225 cal.
strawberries (3) = 25 cal.?
pear = 75 cal.
tortilla chips = 300 cal.
queso dip (a homemade effort that fell flat, boo) = 200 cal.
salsa verde (another BK special, actually decent!!) = 50 cal.
skinny cow ice cream sandwich = 140 cal.

Workout:  I ran until my hammy made me pull up lame, moved around a few weights, and then labored through like maybe 12 minutes on the elliptical....ugh, I was hurtin'.

Grand Total for Wednesday = 1330 Calories

Thursday 4/1/10:
blueberry fiber pop tart = 180 cal.
salad, asiago vinagarette = 275 cal.
fruit salad (strawberries and fiber yogurt stuff, activa? whatever, its tasty) = 200 cal.
1 serving of bootleg giant eagle sun chips = 100 cal.
homemade veggie burrito (sauteed veggies, cheese, yesterdays leftover salsa, sirichia sauce) = maybe 300 cal.
tortilla chips = 150 cal.
1 Michelob Ultra = 95 cal.
glass of Redwood Creek cab sauv. (THE BEST cheap red wine) = 100 cal.

Workout: I again ran on the tready until my hammy gave out...though a little farther today.  I hit the circuit for 20 minutes, and then came back to the elliptical for another 12 or so minutes....moderate success.

Grand total for Thursday = 1400 Calories

Well, wish me luck this weekend, I'm gonna need it!!

I'll be back on Monday with an extra special surprise treat!!

BK out

2 comments:

  1. ahem, don't think we havnet noticed that there's no recap yet. and it's tuesday..

    ReplyDelete