Thursday, January 14, 2010

Day 1 - Thursday January 14th 2010

Hi. I'm BK. Most of you know me as a sarcastic, fun loving guy who approaches the world in a very opinionated manner. I call it as I see it, so they say. I like good music, my local sports teams, and good food. I'll generally disagree with you if we're not aligned, but I remain steadfastly open minded.

Not many people are aware of the life long battle that I have waged against my weight. I became dramatically overweight by the end of my high school years, something to the tune of 260 lbs. Hell, I may be going easy of myself. However, something snapped inside of me my Freshman year at Kent State. I don't know what the hell happened, but over the course of 8 or so months, I lost 80 lbs, streaking all the way down to 180 (holla).

This would generally indicate good times. My self-confidence reached an all time high; I met hoards of new, fun, interesting people, and generally speaking, life was groovy.

Over the course of the last ten years, the ought decade if you will, I've seen my weight fluctuate up and down from this mythical 180 all the way back up to a current 220 (meh).

I'm fed the F up that I've got to do this again....and it just pisses me off.

The goal of BK's Food Log (FLOG, if I may) is for me to document EVERY SINGLE morsel of food that I shove into my mouth, in the hopes that I recant my snacking ways and lose 25 lbs. I'M GOING TO GET BACK UNDER 200...195 preferably.

That's right. This is 2010, a new year, the most cheese-tastic, perfect time to say that I'm going to lose weight.

Every day, I'm going to carry around a little spiral note pad and write down everything I eat and drink, along with a rough Calorie estimate. I also plan on documenting when and how I workout. I do already belong to the CSU rec center, so at least I have THAT going for me.

I guarantee that this will be challening, and I'm sure I'll fall off the wagon from time to time (happy hour anyone?). My sincere hope is that if I see all of my sinning on paper, I'll become a changed man.

I invite you to follow me on my journey. I invite comments, criticism, and especially advice. I'll need all the help I can from the people that matter most to me (yeah, that was also cheesy).

I started writing this stuff down today, and I have to say, Day One treated me alright!!

2 comments: