Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Day 12 recap - Tuesday the 26th

Alright. So i'm fresh off of a successful Monday, rolled that right into a happy weigh in....and what do I do?? Go to the Brew Kettle in Strongsville and fat it up!!

Now before you, the reader, chastises me for not sticking to my plan, I'll have you know that A. this has been planned for months, and 2. nobody likes fun beer more than I do.....aaaand, I'm all about moderation these days baby.

Now I talk about my home brewing experience lightly, but it was indeed loads of fun. I highly recommend this to everyone as a Team Building Exercise. I brewed an India Pale Ale (IPA, durr.) with a few friends that i literally haven't seen since college...im talking 8 years here people.

Anyway, so we went through the entire 2 hour process, caught up on life, tipped a few back, et al. All of this manually intensive labor really works up an appetite, i tell ya. Another fun nuance of this place is that they have superb food. By this point, my friends have reeeeally been talking up the food, so i couldn't wait to grub.

So i sit down and have a casual look over the menu, on the prowl for something, anything remotely healthy. Here is the abridged version of what i found:

Barbecue chicken, barbecue chicken wings, barbecue spaghetti (no lie), beef brisket, "sloppy" nachos, the Backyard bbq sampler, barbecue pulled pork dinner, pulled pork sandwich, ultimate mess barbecue pulled pork salad, pulled pork wrap, beef brisket wrap, buffalo chicken dip, cheddar hot dog, fish and chips, buffalo chicken sandwich, barbecue St. Louis ribs.

Now THAT is a menu chocked full of healthy eating options. I'll give you one guess at what I ordered....come on, cooome on...it's in there...buried. Look real hard.


Yep, you've guessed it: the Ultimate Mess BBQ Pulled Pork SALAD.

Now, I wouldn't normally go all out and call this thing a salad. It was basically a bed of romaine, 3 croutons, 2 cherry tomatoes, 3 lbs. of barbecue pulled pork slathered over that, and then a top layer of creamy cole slaw. Wow. 'Twas yummy. I walked away 'unfortunately satisfied'....if that's a word.

Daytime (yeah....crap i totally forgot that i grabbed sushi rock for lunch with a business partner friend of mine!!):
OJ = 50 cal.
cereal bar = 130 cal.
cup of miso soup = 85 cal.??
sushi (more regular AND white tuna, my freakin favorites!!) = 200 cal.
philadelphia maki rolls = 250 cal.

Night:
the aforementioned pulled pork salad = 700 calories?? (i didn't eat it all, i swear)
3 house pale ales @175 = 525 cal.
1 house light beer = 125 cal.?

Workout: Um no. The closest i came to burning any calories was vigorously turning a hand crank to break down the 2 different types of grains/barley.

Tuesday the 26th Grand Total = about 2055 Calories

Not too too horrible, considering....

out

No comments:

Post a Comment