Sunday, January 24, 2010

Saturday Speakeasy

I had a nice little Saturday. I sleazed my way out of bed at 11:00 and made up a solid brunch, got a run in, did some "shopping", and made a moderately healthy supper...all in preparation for a friend's 30th birthday party at Bier Markt.

I was, of course, stressing. I take extreme measures to workout on the weekend, NOT snack in between meals, and choose those meals wisely....but then it will all inevitably get ruined when I go out.

In order to combat these stresses, I did a little research. Back when I lost 20 pounds the second time (senior year at Kent), I forged a solid relationship with a bottled beer out of Amsterdam, Amstel Light.

Back in the day, before all of these current MGD 64, Becks ultra light, and Michelob ultra...Amstel Light was the only fun, smart, classy low calorie beer. Amstel is a little higher end, and has a nice taste, it works. The ultimate beauty though is the fact that each bottle sits comfortably at 93 calories USD.

Amstel Light may be my new best friend. Shout out:

Brunch:
1 egg poached = 70 cal.
2 slices of bac-y = 150 cal.
home fries (baked with rosemary and a touch of evoo) = 150 cal.
1 piece of toast = 100 cal.?

Supper:
1/2 of a chicken breast (steamed in oven in garlic, rosemary and balsamic) = 120 cal.
bacon wrapped asparagus = 125 calories
couscous (a bed for the chicken) = 300 cal.?

NIGHTIME (i know, this is once again where it gets dicey):
5 bottles Amstel Light @93 cal. = 480
PBR can = 140 cal.
chips = 200 cal.

Workout: Yessshh!! I actually made it out to the CSU rec on a Saturday. Miracles do indeed happen. It was packed too, I was surprised. Regardless, I had a nice little 1.5 mile run, and abused a few machines for another 30 minutes. Good stuff. I really felt good after this one.

My Saturday grand total = 1830 calories!!! Oh snap. This isn't as bad as I thought.

out

No comments:

Post a Comment