Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Boy v. Scale part uhhh 6 - Day 46 Food Recap

The picture to the right, my friends, is the geographical phenomenon known as a Plateau.

pla·teau (pl-t):


n. pl. pla·teaus or pla·teaux (-tz)
1. An elevated, comparatively level expanse of land; a tableland.
2. A relatively stable level, period, or state: Mortgage rates declined, then reached a plateau.
intr.v. pla·teaued, pla·teau·ing, pla·teaus
To reach a stable level; level off:
 
"To reach a stable level; or level off"
 
Now...I'm not just blathering on wildly.  I'm getting to a point, I swear.
 
Nobody who is actively trying to lose weight on a weekly basis wants to reach a point of Plateau...ie. leveling off.  One generally would like to continue their incremental rise or descent toward their goal.
 
Sadly, I seem to have leveled off.
 
I dug deep this morning, reached for that scale, hopped up, and it read the following:
 
210.0
 
Technically, I am down .3 pounds.  Now.....look carefully, there is indeed a 'decimal point' in front of that 3.  For about 15 seconds, I was disappointed.  I continued to dress and prepare for my morning commute like nothing happened.  I continued as if this very modest loss didn't mean anything....at least until I got to work...where I started to freak out (inside my head, of course).
 
I'm halfway convinced that damn scale is broke!!!  There just HAS to be some logical explanation...like this scale only measures people starting with 210.0....I dunno.  What the F??  What am I doing wrong? 
 
Whatever.
 
It appears like I have plateaued...but oh no, friends.  I've had all day to think about this post....I HONESTLY thought of 10 reasons to just skip today, or to quit altogether.
 
After sitting on this all day, here I am.  I'm back to thinking positive, and back on track.  I'm not going to let these past two weigh ins discourage me.  I am....Human.
 
I'm going to continue to log my food in my trusty yellow steno notebook, and pretend like nothing happened accept full responsibility for this temporary Plateau.  I'm HONESTLY not phased by this at all.  I'm just going to continue what I'm doing.  No fads, no crash diets, no quirky tricks or gimmicks.
 
I'm going to continue to plug away....one day at a time.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Monday food recap:
apple nutrigrain bar = 130 calories
salad (feta cheese, balsamic dress) = 150 cal.
red seedless grapes = 100 cal.
can of chunk light tuna = 100 cal.
 
salmon patty (Trader Joes; not very tasty actually) = 100 cal.
hummus and pita chips = 200 cal.
cheese and crackers = 200 cal.
 
Workout: Yes indeed.  20 minutes on the Mill, 15 on the elliptical, and a few machines.  No real highlights, the CSU rec was oddly dead.
 
Grand Total for Monday: about 1000 Calories
 
Down, but not out:
 
BK

1 comment:

  1. Want to do the St. Malachi 2mile with me? I wanted to do the 5 mile but...um...blame Tinas. Cami

    ReplyDelete