Monday, March 8, 2010

Weekend Update

So yeah.  It's Monday.  Again.  Un-escapable.

So this past weekend was nice.  I was in Columbus Saturday afternoon, and ended up stumbling into a Whiskey Bar in the Short North for lunch.  Odd, I know...and dingy.  I half expected to see Jim Morrison stumble in.

Turns out, the food was great.  I had a house specialty, which was a mammoth grilled chicken sammich with bacon, sharp cheddar, et al....with the best part being some crazy secret house sauce.  Verrrrry tasty, but I have NO CLUE what it was made out of.

Saturday night was mildy successful, mainly due to BK not consuming a formal dinner.  My buddy's band was playing over at Cranky's on W.25th.....and before that, I stopped by a "go away Winter" themed party at the Duck Island Club.

ASIDE:  This was my first venture to the Duck Island Club, and let me tell you....I was PLEASANTLY surprised.  The DIC is tucked away in an area smack dab in the middle of Tremont and Ohio City, around the corner from the trendy Velvet Tango Room.  I believe this fun, hip vibe is due to being under new mgmt.  Good stuff.

Anywho, Sunday was...a Sunday.  I made a nice veggie omelet, and then went out to look at more houses....yay!!!!!  (blah...lol).  I don't think I'm ever going to be satisfied....and that April 30th deadline to take advantage of the gub'ment's money is looming...

Saturday food recap:
blueberry muffin from Tim Horton's = 200 cal.
protein bar(s) = 200 cal.
chicken sando = 500 cal.
fries (F, i know) = 250 cal.
Michelob Ultra 7 @ 95 = 665 cal.
Bell's Two Hearted ale (with lunch, mmmm) = 200 cal.
beef jerkey (late night after bar beef jerkey....ullllghlllglgll)  = 100 cal.

Saturday Grand Total = 2100 Calories

Sunday food recap:
O.J. = 75 cal.
omelet:
eggs 2 @ 75 = 150 cal.
shredded gouda = 120 cal.
bacon 3 slices @ 50 = 150 cal.
bread = 75 cal.
rice crackers = 50 cal.
homemade mac and cheese (cheddar, gouda, goat) = 600 cal.
bread/oil = 125 cal.
pinot noir = 100 cal.
skinny cow ice cream truffle = 100 cal.

Sunday Grand Total = 1540 Calories

The homemade mac and cheese was made from a Bon Appetite recipe...definitely tasty, and I honestly tried to accurately count Calories!!!  I think the whole she-bang was roughly 1100 ish Calories.  I had half, i think.

Oh well....I could've done a little better....but all in all, I don't FEEL like I fatted it up this weekend.

Onward and upward...to another fabulous weigh in tomorrow morning. 

Oh wait....Gossip girl is on!!

xoxo

BK

1 comment:

  1. good luck tomorrow buddy!
    its so funny to watch your eating patterns.
    i'm such a three meal a day person with several snacks.no matter what day of the week.

    ReplyDelete