Sunday, February 7, 2010

Fahrenheit 451 - Day 23 food recap

Saturday was an interesting day of eats for BK. After an unsuccessful morning and afternoon of house hunting (Lakewood, meh. done with lakewood), I stopped in the local Panera bread for a much needed pick me up.

To go along with a nice cup of dark roast, I looked for a respectable bakery treat. The only thing that I dubbed a healthy "looking" option was a "low-cal" blueberry scone. It was ok, it went well with the coffee, etc. I was pleased...until I got home and looked up the nutrition information.

Mother effin Panera. That blueberry scone was frickin 400 calories!!! 4-hundee...!!! Seriously??

I've really GOT to do more research from now on. I've got to be stupid with this now....i really thought i was choosing a nice option....HELL, an asiago cheese bagel with lite cream cheese was only 355 or something....UGH.

Anyway, so Saturday was also date night for BK and ae. I kicked it up a notch (thanks emerill) and decided to go to Fahrenheit, about a half block from my apartment. I'd been there only once before, like 3 years ago, and actually had a poor experience. I've vowed to give Rocco Whalen another shot...and it's REALLY too bad that I didn't do it any sooner.

For a starter, we ordered the Potato Nachos, which were prepared with bacon, scallions, chives, and a silky smooth goat cheese reduction. WOW. enough said. WOW.

Now I'm no food critic, so I'll skip the colorful details. However, the Kobe Beef Short Ribs over a bed of teryaki lo-mein noodles was simply AMAZING. I really won't be able to describe this properly....just done really well. The service was excellent, prompt, et al. Kudos to Fahrenheit, I will be going back.

Day:
coffee, coffee, coffee
Blueberry scone (Panera, duh.) = 390 cal.

Fahrenheit:
4 glasses of Syrah @ 75 cal. = 300 cal.
potato nachos (goat cheese, bac-y, chives, scallions) = 350 cal. ??
bread (honey butter stuff, olive tapenade) = 200 cal.
Kobe Beef short ribs w/ teryaki lo-mein noodles = 650 calories??
1/2 chocolate gelato = 150 cal.

Workout: needed another day off....but does shoveling snow count??

Saturday Grand Total = 2100 calories

I needed a day to splurge, and I got it. Great food, so eh, whatever.

Sunday super bowl food time. Go Colts, go Pete Townsend....and then BK is off to Baltimore, Harrisburg, and Fredricksburg on business...gotta keep focused!!

BK out

No comments:

Post a Comment