Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Man v. Scale - take 3

I'll have you know that the Tuesday weigh-in process literally weighs on my mind. I couldn't stop thinking about it as I tried to fall into slumber Monday night. I really shouldn't be this nervous....for the most part, I'm doing things right; staying the course, so to speak.

I'll also let you in on another tiny, personal secret. All 3 times now that I've grabbed that scale for beside the bathroom cabinet, placed it in front of me, and turned it on, I've muttered the same line to myself...barely audible....as I step up to the plate:

"Don't worry Jake, it's only your life."

It's a line from one of my favorite movies of all time, "Major League". Jake Taylor (Tom Beringer) looking at his locker on the final cut day of spring training for the Tribe, knowing he's made the team, but scared regardless...funny, random, useless...i know.

It IS only my life....not life or death, I'm doing this right, so I should have nothing to worry about, right?

Anyhow...so I step up on the scale, mutter my cynical line, cross my fingers, and this is what is displayed:

213.6

YEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!! Put it on the board. Down 3 more effin pounds. Simply unbelievable...good stuff...and funny enough, as I type this right now, at 9:00 am at my desk downtown...i can barely get the words out....I'm backspacing almost every word!!! What a rube.

Anyway, on to my Monday food recap....or as I call it, borderline starvation:

Day:
apple cereal bar = 130 calories
Giant Eagle yogurt = 80 cal.
can of chunk albacore = 120 cal.
salad (feta, croutons, vidalia onion dressing) = 200 cal.

night (don't laugh at me, i just didn't want to make any food):
chips and dip = 225 calories
candy = 100 cal.

I know, I know!!! I MUST attempt to eat healthier....but to my own defense, at least i managed a nice portion control.

Workout: Yep. Got after a nice run, and hit my normal Monday circuit. Feelin' good.

Monday Grand Total = 855 Calories

I'm excited for the week ahead. Poker with the boys on Friday, and then the Food Bowl/Puppy Bowl on Sunday. That's all for now.

bk out

No comments:

Post a Comment