Monday, February 8, 2010

Super Bowl Sunday - Day 24 food recap

NEWSFLASH: The Super Bowl football game was actually...Interesting!

Good game, congrats to the Saints and their glorious city, New Orleans. This was a much deserved win for that city and franchise...though CLEVELAND deserves it 634% more. I've done the research.

Anyway...so I'm sitting here in sunny, magical Harrisburg, PA...hastily trying to recant what I ingested yesterday. My friend's SB Party went off quite well, 7 years running now (mr and I started it 7 years ago, and it has been reinvented/regurgitated a few times over now), yet all of the same, great, fun people show up year after year.

Without going into tooooo much detail, the food was nothing short of amazing. All of the major Super Bowl food groups were present: Buffalo chicken dip (3 kinds), chili (something like 5 or so different incarnations, though MR's entry of Wendy's chili may have taken the proverbial cake), cheesy dips, pizza, wings...you get the point. My contribution was average...pigs in a blanket. They were ok, but i was just too lazy to lug a crock pot over to Cleveland Heights.

I made a VALIANT yet obviously futile attempt at managing my food intake. I tried moderate servings of the 3 buffalo chick dips (all yummy), some of Sister Christian's hoagie dip (yum-o as well), a few of the supposedly low-fat cream cheese/jalapeno roll ups, and an ass load of beer...

...I can't hide this forever....I may have also shotgunned a can of bud light. Let's just leave that as that...oh sh*t, Mitch may have also twisted my arm into doing a shot of Patron too....I mean come on. come on. i was morally obligated to take that shot. that shizz is expensive...

Day:
coffee, coffee
leftover Potato Nachos from Fahrenheit (potato chips, essentially) = 120 cal.

YES. That is all I placed into my mouth before heading over to the SB party @ 4:00.

Night time:
Bud Select 8 @ 99 cal. = 800 calories
Bud Light (shotgunned; that's when you take your longest, sharpest key, punch a hole into the bottom 1/3 of the can of beer, 'cheers' the group, open the top of the can, and the drink the beer that is flowing out of the aforementioned hole really fast-like; you then throw the empty can violently on the ground...usually before everyone else if your name is BK) = 110 cal.
1 shot of Patron Silver tequila = 69 cal. (look it up, bitches, you cant make that up)
1 glass Cabernet = 70 cal.

ASIDE/DISCLAIMER: there's going to be a lot of question marks beside my Calorie totals

cream cheese and jalapeno roll ups; 5 @ 15 cal.?? = 75 cal.
hoagie dip and bread = no clue, but def. no more than a 6-inch sub = 300 cal.
Buffalo chicken dips/tostitos = PASS
pigs in a blanket(6) - i looked this up, btw = like 200 cal.
Doritos; sweet chili flava (2; yes only 2 Glennnn) = 15 cal.
1 hanky panky/shit on a shingle/dogfood thing = uhmmm, any ideas? = 50 cal.?

All in all, I think I practiced moderation...it could have been A LOT worse.

Grand (wrong) Super Bowl Sunday total = 1749 calories not counting the 763 calories of buffalo chicken dips that i will conveniently be ignoring. i don't know. I need a pass, a pass on grass, if you will.

And now I'm traveling this week for work...where steak and seafood dinners will be offered up to me like crack rock in Parma.

BK out

No comments:

Post a Comment