Monday, February 1, 2010

A Hard Day's Night(s) - Day 16 and 17 food recap

Took it easy this weekend, stayed in, entertained myself, etc. Staying in affords me a few luxuries that I wouldn't otherwise obtain. The first, and most obvious, being that I get to prepare food myself...healthy options, portion control, and leftovers for the next day!! All good things. I broke out my culinary skills to the tune of Duck Confit on Saturday night. Yeah, bitches. It tasted amazing too.

One also gets to break out never before used Christmas gifts like Beatles Trivial Pursuit!!! My pursuit of trivia fell flat, however....that sh*t was HARD.

I'm comfortable with saying that I know more about the Beatles than the average person....but even I don't know what Paul McCartney's first post-Beatles single was...or even which artist George Harrison was producer for in mid-1968. Oh well, it was tons of fun despite this....and I sincerely hope we break it back out during game night coming up here in 3 weeks!!

Anyway....this is a food blog.

Saturday the 30th
Day:
OJ = 60 cal.
serving of pretzels = 120 cal.

Night:
duck breast confit (red wine and fresh date reduction) = i'm guesstimating 500 cal.
couscous = 150 cal.
french bread/roll = 150 cal.
3 glasses Cab. Sauv. @ 75 = 225 cal.
white ruskie (i know, i know. but now im seriously out of milk) = 200 cal.

Saturday grand calorie total = 1330 Calories. YESSSSSSHH!!!!!

Sunday the 31st.
Brunch:
1 egg (fried, with a bit of melty cheddar cheese) = 100 cal.
home fries (prepared with evoo, garlic, and rosemary) = 150 cal.
English muffin = 120 cal.

While out and about viewing houses:
satchel of pretzels = 120 cal.
1/2 of a Starbucks skinny vanilla latte = 75 cal.

Supper:
homemade Turkey chili (ground turkey breast) = i'm guessing a portion of roughly 400 cal.
cheese and crackers appetizer = 120 cal.
1 glass of Cabernet = 75 cal.
candy = 100 cal.

Sunday Grand Total = 1260 Calories

Workout: Saturday; YES. Sunday; not so much...
I did have quite the interesting set of experiences at the Rec. on Saturday afternoon. First, for some reason beyond me, the CSU rec. has decided to host high school volleyball games all afternoon. There were like 8 sets of 16 and 17 year old v-ballers, and their annoying families. Little munchkins running around, Stepford Wives looking at all of the gym equipment...HIGHLY annoying, especially since I'm not creepy.

Anyway, something else of note happened. While on the jogging machine (treadmill), my new favorite songs of the moment popped on my iPod...right after each other:

"Blood" by the Middle East
"My Girls" by Animal Collective

Now, these aren't necessarily the most workout friendly, intense songs, they were right for the moment....and they are AMAZING. I took it as a sign; fate or something.....then I noticed that my ipod shuffle switch was moved into the normal position, enabling my music to play in the order that i added them....oh hell. oh well.

COMING UP TOMORROW: Tuesday weigh in!!! It's that time ALREADY!!

peace out

No comments:

Post a Comment